Walton lies four miles south-west of Burton on Trent and boasts some attractive clusters of cottages as well as good new housing. The church of St Lawrence provides a focal point for the village and hides a thriving cricket club to its rear.
It has two village pubs, one of which doubles up as a village store, and an excellent primary school. which feeds into John Taylor High School in Barton under Needwood.
- John Taylor High School catchment area
- Walton on Trent C of E Primary School
- Village hall with regular activities and events
- Catton Hall holding regular events such as equine c, country shows and domestic
- Walton Hall
- The Swan at Walton Gastro Pub