Stunningly situated at the confluence of the Trent and Mersey Canal and the River Trent, Alrewas is proud of its strong community spirit and impressive variety of entertainment, including the Alrewas Show, Open Gardens and Arts Festival. Its status has recently grown with the opening of the National Memorial Arboretum there, the UK's centre of remembrance set in 150 acres of trees and gardens.
Lying adjacent to the A38, Alrewas boasts great transport links as well as a small selection of shops including a butcher, post office, newsagent, mini-market and takeaway outlets.
Situated just outside of the village is the Whitemoor Lakes Centre, a fantastic outdoor activity centre offering an extensive range of adventurous retreats based at a scenic 40 acre lake.
- Amenities including Post Office, an outstanding butchers, newsagents, cooperative general store and a number of takeaway outlets
- Excellent range of traditional village pubs also serving food
- GP Surgery, private dentists and a pharmacy
- Village hall holding a number of events and regular film screenings
- Annual Alrewas Village Show held in July
- All Saints Primary School feeding into John Taylor High School catchment
- Superb location for countryside and canalside walking routes
- Excellent access to A38 and A513