Home to the largest comprehensive in Derbyshire - John Port School - Etwall is an especially desirable location for families. The school itself, established in 1965, is now a specialist college with a focus on technology, maths and ICT and boasts large academic success as well a high level of pride in the care and support offered to its students.
Etwall is also noted for its historic Almshouses and annual well dressing festival. It is situated at the most southerly point of Derbyshire, halfway between Burton on Trent and Derby.
- Etwall Primary School
- Etwall Leisure Centre
- Londis convenience store, Chemist, Newsagent and Post Office
- Takeaways (Chinese, Indian and Fish & Chip shop)
- The Spread Eagle pub and the Hawk and Buckle Inn
- Pear Tree Court sheltered housing and Old Lodge Nursing Home
- Football team Cricket, Bowls and Swimming clubs
- Village hall, Library and the Tara Buddhist Centre
- Playgroups and Little Jack Horner Day Nursery
- Anglican, Roman Catholic and Methodist churches