Known largely for its impressive public school. Repton is a thriving village situated in the Trent Valley between Derby and Burton on Trent. The school itself has lent beautiful ancient buildings and facilities to the village, contributing significantly to the distinctive architecture in Repton. It is open to both girls and boys, aged 13 to 18, and currently serves over 500 pupils. Other schools in the area include Repton Primary School, St Wystan's Independent Nursery and Primary School, Foremarke School and John Port School, Etwall, a secondary that most local village children attend.
Among other focal points in the village are Repton Church with its 200-feet tall spire and the United Reformed Church on Pinfold Lane. Many other events and social gatherings occur in the village hall, which hosts regular plays, shows, contests, dances, concerts, talks and displays, as well as supporting local societies and clubs.
- Repton Primary School
- Foremarke Hall Preparatory School, Milton
- St Wyston's Independent Nursery and Primary School
- Spar convenience store and Redshaws Butchers
- Post Office and Bank
- Royal British Legion
- Four traditional country pubs and a Tea Rooms
- Indian and Chinese restaurants/takeaways and chip shop
- Pre-school, Baby and toddler group, Scouts and Brownie groups