Marchington boasts a picturesque church, a well regarded primary school, pubs and a host of clubs and societies as well as tennis courts, a cricket pitch and bowling green. The village community shop was voted Countryside Alliance’s Best Village Shop for 2011 for the Midlands region. Marchington also won the title of Best Kept Village in East Staffordshire.
St. Peter's First School lies within the village itself and feeds into the school catchment area for the highly esteemed Thomas Alleyne's High School in Uttoxeter and has a good choice of independent schools including Smallwood Manor Preparatory School, Denstone College, Foremarke Hall and Repton School.
The A50, just four miles away, allows for ease of travel to the cities of Derby and Stoke-on-Trent and gives access to the further motorway networks beyond. Local shopping and leisure amenities are available in nearby Uttoxeter.
- St Peter's First School
- Smallwood Manor Preparatory School
- Village hall, Gardening club, Bowls club
- Marchington village shop
- Field House Equestrian Centre
- Marchington Industrial Estate
- Marchington Singers choir and Amateur dramatics group
- Close to Dovefields Retail Park with shops, cinema and bowling
- Thomas Alleynes High School, Uttoxeter, catchment area