Longdon Green is a rural village situated within charming Staffordshire countryside, enjoying a peaceful location with excellent access to commuter routes and local towns and cities. The village itself is home to a traditional pub and restaurant with further facilities available in the village of Longdon, the Cathedral City of Lichfield (3 miles away) and Stafford (14 miles away).
The location has convenient links to the A51, A38 and the M6 motorway network. From Lichfield Trent Valley and City train stations there are direct links to Birmingham and London in 1 hour 20 minutes and the location lies on the edge of Cannock Chase, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Bordering the stunning Cannock Chase and Gentleshaw Common, Longdon is the perfect choice of home for walkers and nature lovers. It is situated within the district of Lichfield, approximately three miles north of Lichfield, and south east of Rugeley.
Residents are well served by a post office and convenience shop, mobile library and a great selection of drinking holes. The village also prides itself on a generous offering of clubs and societies.
- St James Primary School and The Friary School, Lichfield, catchment area
- Lichfield Cathedral School, Longdon Green
- Pubs including The Red Lion, The Swan with Two Necks and the Chetwynd Arms
- Village hall, Longdon Parish Church and Beaudesert Park
- Traditional pubs including The Swan with Two Necks
- Royal British Legion and Longdon Club and Institute including snooker, darts, bingo and quiz nights
- Cricket club, Village Hall and a Camera Club
- Longdon Produce and Flower Show, Flower club, Model flying club, WI and Over sixties club
- Pre-school, Greenhills Nursery, Brownies and TheatreKidz