The sought after village of Ellastone lies right of the Derbyshire/Staffordshire border and is accessed via an impressive bridge over the River Dove. The bridge was an important passing place during WWII and lookout shelters on each bank can with touches of camouflage paint can still be seen.
This small yet established community has more than most to offer, having a church, parish hall and popular pub and restaurant at its centre. The Parish Hall holds an array of clubs and activities for all ages including badminton, yoga, Thai Chi and an arts & crafts club, and on the same site are a members-only bowling club and a full size tennis court.
On the outskirts of the village, many rural walks and equestrian routes can be enjoying, including routes to the Calwich Abbey which was originally built in the 1100s although only ruins remain. Also within the parish is Wootton Lodge, an imposing 17th Century house with deer park and is now owned by the Bamford family of JCB.
The location is renowned for its scenic countryside, with plenty of walking, cycling and equestrian pursuits nearby. For thrill seekers, Alton Towers Theme and Water Parks are a short drive away.
The village has excellent access to local commuter routes including A515 and A52 giving swift access to Lichfield, Ashbourne, Uttoxeter, Derby and Stoke. Rail travel can be found nearby in the market town of Uttoxeter which is also home to the renowned Racecourse.
- Established Village Community in Rural Surroundings
- Historic WWII bridge over River Dove
- Parish Hall with range of activities and clubs
- St Peters Church
- Tennis Courts & Bowling Green
- The Duncombe Arms pub & restaurant
- Well Placed for A50/A515 commuting
- Close to Alton Towers Theme Park
- Ideal for Peak District & Staffordshire Moorlands
- 40 minutes to East Midlands International Airport