Centred around a stunning 15th Century Tudor church, this large and popular village combines the best of rural life with excellent services and amenities. Main Street is home to a generous array of shops including a post office, newsagent and local Co-Op store, with several takeaway outlets close by.
Less than a mile from the centre of the village is Barton Marina, where a good selection of boutique clothes, book and gift shops can be found alongside the Nipa Thai Restaurant, Red Carpet Cinema, Bar and Restauarant and the Waterfront bar and restaurant, presenting a buzzing nightlife. The complex is a popular local tourist attraction and is the residence of some 300 narrowboats, being located just off the Trent and Mersey Canal.
Barton under Needwood is also home to John Taylor High School, a comprehensive specialist-science school that consistently ranks among the top performing within Staffordshire. The Thomas Russell Infant and Junior schools, located within walking distance of most of the village, are also held in high esteem in the local area.
- Excellent range of shops, cafes, traditional country pubs and restaurants
- Village Hall, Post Office, Pharmacy and general Surgery all within the village
- Holland Sports Club, tennis courts, rugby and football clubs and fishing ponds
- Thomas Russell Infant & Junior Schools feeding into John Taylor High School
- Convenient access to A38, A50, A515 and M6 Toll