The desirable village of Alton lies within idyllic Staffordshire village amidst rural woodland and rolling countryside. An area known for its historic castle and the Dimmingsdale nature reserve, the village is home to a comprehensive array of facilities including a number of pubs, convenience stores, a post office and a church. The area is also renowned for Alton Towers Theme Park which lies a few minutes’ drive away on the site of a historic 8th Century Fortress.
There are a range of independent schools including the JCB Academy, Denstone College and Smallwood Manor Preparatory in the area, and within the village is the highly regarded St Peters First School.
The location is ideal for access to the A50 which leads to commercial centres including Derby, Stafford and Stoke and the popular market town of Ashbourne, affectionately known as the gateway to the Peak District, is a 20 minute drive away. JCB Head Quarters are a short drive away, East Midlands International Airport can be reached in 45 minutes and Manchester Airport is around an hour away.
- Charming Village with Rich Local History
- Post Office, Convenience Store & Pubs
- St Peters C of E First School
- Famed for Alton Towers Theme Park
- Dimmingsdale Nature Reserve
- Alton Castle & Picturesque Church
- Commutable to Uttoxeter/Derby/Stafford/Stoke
- Manchester/East Mids Airports in 1 Hour Drive